[SOLD OUT] Vineyard tour – Sunday 9th October
October 9, 2022
Intimate, relaxed & educational, our tours are a chance to drink delicious wine in good company, with the people who made it. Tours are available for individuals, couples, groups, or large groups.
As recommended by The Telegraph, The Times & Condé Nast.
Our vineyard tour includes:
- An introduction to Astley Vineyard’s history, accompanied by a welcome drink.
- A short walk to the vineyard via our beautiful wooded valley.
- A walk and talk amongst the vines, introducing you to our grape varieties and basic viticulture.
- A glass of wine at our pavilion which overlooks the vineyard and the beautiful Severn Valley.
- A quick look in our winery to talk about basic winemaking.
- And finally a sit down guided-tasting of three of our award winning wines, alongside samples of local produce.
After your tour, why not stay for a glass of wine on our terrace or brand new Wine Garden?
- Tours last around 2 hours 15 minutes, but can vary.
- Our estate is a working farm and the path to the vineyard is sloped and uneven. We recommend all guests wear sensible footwear for the vineyard tour, and wear sensible clothes. If you think you might require avoiding the path, please use the “Optional Extras” menu below to indicate the need for transport. You can also contact us directly.
- As part of our tour, we serve small nibbles of food to demonstrate wine pairing. Please use the “Optional Extras” menu below to indicate your dietary requirements, or contact us directly.
- We rarely cancel our tours in the event of bad weather. Instead, we subtly change the tour to avoid the rain. We will contact you in the case of extreme circumstances.
- Whilst we welcome children on our tours, we cannot offer wine tastings to under 18s. We reserve the right to ask for Age ID.
- We ask that you do not bring your dog on the tour.
If you have a voucher:
- Step 1: Add the required number of tickets to your cart
- Step 2: When viewing your cart (before checkout), add your 16 digit code to the “apply coupon” menu.
- NOTE: if your voucher number is not 16 digits long, or are having any issues, please contact us directly.
Our tour equates to just over one small glass of wine, spread over two and a half hours, with the inclusion of food. This puts you under the drink-drive limit. However if you feel like this is more than your tolerance, then please book a taxi. We recommend prebooking your taxi to arrive at 2:45pm, with pickup at 5:30pm. Terry's Taxis (Stourport) - 07712 351111 Regency Taxis (local) - 01562 66666
The path to the vineyard is uneven with a moderate slope. Although it is not that strenuous, those with medical/mobility issues may struggle. If you are worried about your health or your fitness, please either use the "optional extras" menu above to identify your need for transportation, or contact us beforehand. We are there to make you feel comfortable.
We do not have any catering facilities. Included in your tour is a taste of local produce to pair with the wines.
You are very welcome to stay after your tour for a glass of wine. However we do ask that you leave the premises by 6:30pm.
We require 14 days notice prior to the booked tour date for cancellation. You will receive a full refund.
Our tours aim to introduce everyone to the basics of wine in a fun and friendly way. However we do allow the discussion to flow onto more technical topics if brought up. If you would like to avoid the tutored wine tasting element (whilst still seeing the vineyard & winery) please contact us directly where we can discuss a more streamlined, technical & private experience.