Bacchus…Over The Years
A special collection of Bacchus from over the years
- Product description
- 2021 marks the 50th anniversary of Astley Vineyard.
We invite you to celebrate with us with these special vintage wines from our library. A glimpse of our vineyard of the years.
BacchusBacchus is another crossing of Riesling, and as such it can also age well. The are two sides to this grape variety depending on when it is harvested, how it is treated, and when it is released. Styles range from grassy, zesty and fresh, to floral, soft and rich.
This collection includes:
- 2016 vintage: A decent vintage. Slightly lower sugar levels at harvest, but great acidity. Description:
- 2017 vintage: Thankfully we avoided a late frost that affected a lot of other vineyards this year. Otherwise a great year for English wine. A good level of ripeness at harvest. Description: A soft, rich vintage. Fresh Elderflower, Golden apple and Mint. A hint of residual sweetness. Pair with herb crusted salmon or a fresh salad.
- Served at
- Sketch (London) Alchemilla (Nottingham)
- IEWA 2018: *Gold Medal* "Incredible red apple nose, fantastic aromatics, ripe palate and wonderful nose." Great British Wine: "Proof that fine sparkling wine don't have to be made from Chardonnay & the Pinots...crisp lemon bite and lots of tangy green orchard fruit. It's full and developed, with a creamy, weighty almond mid-taste that's reminiscent of almond-croissant."