Kerner…Over The Years
A special collection of Kerner from over the years
- Product description
- 2021 marks the 50th anniversary of Astley Vineyard.
We invite you to celebrate with us with these special vintage wines from our library. A glimpse of our vineyard of the years.
KernerOur much beloved Kerner ages the most gracefully of all of our varieties. When they are first released, these wines often already have years of bottle age. Now, you can experience Kerner with upto 7 years of bottle ageing. A gastronomic delight!
This collection includes:
- 2014 vintage: A great vintage. Good flowering weather, and warm harvest conditions. Above average sugars with gentle acidity at harvest. Description:
- 2015 vintage: A late, troublesome vintage that was saved at the last minute. Cool throughout the year, followed by an excpetionally warm September and October. Very typical harvest figures. Description: An attractive, linear wine. Rich, golden flavours (Salted Honey, Apple, Elderflower), with a hint of sweetness and a generous palate. Shows the varieties' lineage with Riesling. Pair with Pork, Risotto, or Chicken Kiev.
- 2016 vintage (Latest release): A decent vintage that is ageing well. Above average sugars at harvest, with great acidity. Description: A pretty, aromatic vintage. Lime, Elderflower, Apple & Honey. Highly approachable and food friendly. Pair with ginger & apple Pork, or aromatic curries.
- Served at
- Sketch (London) Alchemilla (Nottingham)
- IEWA 2018: *Gold Medal* "Incredible red apple nose, fantastic aromatics, ripe palate and wonderful nose." Great British Wine: "Proof that fine sparkling wine don't have to be made from Chardonnay & the Pinots...crisp lemon bite and lots of tangy green orchard fruit. It's full and developed, with a creamy, weighty almond mid-taste that's reminiscent of almond-croissant."