Late Harvest…Over The Years
A special collection of Siegerrebe from over the years
- Product description
- 2021 marks the 50th anniversary of Astley Vineyard.
We invite you to celebrate with us with these special vintage wines from our library. A glimpse of our vineyard of the years.
SiegerrebeSiegerrebe is fast becoming a favourite grape of ours here at the vineyard. Its versatility as a white, rosé & late harvest component makes it an exciting grape to work with. It's relation to Gewurtztraminer means it has potential to age well.
This collection includes:
- 2015 vintage: Description: Incredibly aromatic. Passionfruit, Peach, Tart apricot. Medium low acidity, with a rich body (represented by a vanilla'y sweetness as it warms up). Pair with Chicken & mango salad, Chicken Tikka Masala, or Butternut squash risotto.
- 2017 vintage: Description:
- Served at
- Sketch (London) Alchemilla (Nottingham)
- IEWA 2018: *Gold Medal* "Incredible red apple nose, fantastic aromatics, ripe palate and wonderful nose." Great British Wine: "Proof that fine sparkling wine don't have to be made from Chardonnay & the Pinots...crisp lemon bite and lots of tangy green orchard fruit. It's full and developed, with a creamy, weighty almond mid-taste that's reminiscent of almond-croissant."