VINTAGE – Sparkling Kerner
Vintage releases of our Vintage Sparkling Kerner
£35.00 – £105.00
- Product description
2021 marks the Golden Anniversary of Astley Vineyard. To celebrate this remarkable milestone, we are releasing select vintages from our library.
Vintage Sparkling Kerner
Our 50 year old Kerner vines are our most prized possesion here at Astley. Related to Riesling, Kerner's natural acidity & elegance lends itself perfectly to sparkling wine production. In some ways, the wines show a clear resemblance to other English sparkling wines, yet they can also have a unique character that sets them apart.
*A vertical tasting pack of all vintages listed below is also available at a discount.*
2015 Vintage - £45
- Description: An intense, full bodied, rich sparkling wine. Utterly delicious!
- Tastes of: Golden apple, Light honey, Brown bread
- Tim Atkin "England 2021 Report": 88/100 - "Pretty interesting! Lime marmalade on toast with some green apple and florals. Intense, puckering cooked lime and quite a powerful profile on palate – definitely Riesling-like. Unique."
- Availability: 37 bottles only
2014 Vintage - £40
- Description: A fresh, perfumed, summery sparkling wine. Elegant.
- Tastes of: Fresh apple, Floral, Biscuit
- Awards: IEWA Gold Medal (2018).
- Availability: 47 bottles only
2013 Vintage - £35
- Description: A classic sparkling wine. Bright and moreish.
- Tastes of: Biscuit, Citrus.
- Availability: 16 bottles only
Certain wines may feature their original vintage labels.
We will include notes about the vintage & grape variety with your delivery.
Important: due to the nature of vintage wines, we cannot ensure consistency across the range. We have done our utmost to ensure the best experience, but there are no refunds or returns for this product.
- For those who enjoy
- Vintage Champagnes, Vertical tastings
- Tim Atkin 88/100. IEWA Gold 2018