VINTAGE – Old Vine Kerner
Vintage releases of our Old Vine Kerner
£25.00 – £80.00
- Product description
2021 marks the Golden Anniversary of Astley Vineyard. To celebrate this remarkable milestone, we are releasing select vintages from our library.
Old Vine Kerner
Our 50 year old Kerner vines are our most prized possesion here at Astley. Related to Riesling, Kerner displays a simple elegance in cool vintages, and beautiful aromas & richness is warmer years. A wine that almost always ages very well.
*A vertical tasting pack of all vintages listed below is also available at a discount.*
2015 Vintage - £25
- Description: An attractive, linear wine. Rich, golden flavours with a hint of sweetness and a generous palate.
- Tastes of: Salted Honey, Apple, Elderflower.
- Analysis: Dry (but some RS), Medium acidity, Medium bodied
- Availability: 25 bottles only
2014 Vintage - £30
- Description: A spicy, aromatic wine. A good vintage that is ageing well.
- Tastes of: Ginger, Golden apple, Honey.
- Analysis: Off dry, Medium (+) acidity, Medium (+) bodied
- Availability: 37 bottles only
2013 Vintage - £30
- Description: An earthy, complex wine. Benefits from a short decant.
- Tastes of: Ginger, Preserved lemon, Salt
- Analysis: Off dry, Medium (++) acidity, Medium (+) bodied
- Availability: 9 bottles only
Certain wines may feature their original vintage labels.
We will include notes about the vintage & grape variety with your delivery.
Important: due to the nature of vintage wines, we cannot ensure consistency across the range. We have done our utmost to ensure the best experience, but there are no refunds or returns for this product.
- For those who enjoy
- Riesling, Vintage wines, Vertical tastings